Welcome to my little bit of crafting heaven. Please feel free to join me in my little venture by following me or leaving a comment.

If you have any problems leaving a comment, try leaving one as profile 'name' instead of google account. If at first it doesn't work try again and it should accept it.


Thanks for stopping by.











Monday 10 October 2011

Little Ballerina

Feels like ages since my last post, its just no good that work gets in the way of crafting Lol.

I am well and truly worn out after a hectic weekend including a brilliant day at Sincerly Yours Craft Show at Lincoln yesterday.  It was great to meet up with old friends and to meet new ones.  If you were lucky to go I hope you had a great time and didn't spend too much !!!!!!!!!!!!

My little offering tonight is a card I made for my youngest niece Ayshia for her 10th birthday, she loves to dance including ballet.  As she has such an unusual but beautiful name, just like her (but then I am biased), I always make sure I can incorporate it into the card for her. 
I couldn't resist the Molly Blooms Ballerina, she looks just like Ayshia right down to the freckles (which she hates)



 
I used the Grand Scallop Circles to make the base card, easel topper and the harlequin paper background.  Molly was stamped using memento and then coloured with promarkers - must remember to write down which colours I use in future.
A Marianne die was used to frame Molly, letter peeloffs for Ayshias name & age placed around.
Another favourite of mine is to make the paper roses using a flower punch and 2 shades of the foundations paper, I gave the finished flower a quick spritz with cosmic shimmer (Pearl - I think).
The stopper was made from a spellbinder label and finished with a Hero Arts stamp 'Birthday & Always'.

Hopefully you will continue to stop by and look, maybe leave a comment or two or even join as a follower.

Take care and have a good week

Hugs
Maria xx

2 comments:

  1. Hello Maria

    Absolutely love this design. I too think the Molly bloom ballerina is gorgeous. bye for now
    Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maria,

    Love this design and what a brilliant stamp for a ballerina

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving lovely comments. They are all appreciated and help me to carry on creating and blogging.