Welcome to my little bit of crafting heaven. Please feel free to join me in my little venture by following me or leaving a comment.

If you have any problems leaving a comment, try leaving one as profile 'name' instead of google account. If at first it doesn't work try again and it should accept it.


Thanks for stopping by.











Thursday 15 September 2011

Butterfly Wedding Card

You know when you have that moment when someone says 'can you just '.  Well I had that when a friend asked me to make a wedding card based on the colour scheme for the wedding invitation - Yellow & Green with Butterflies.

I have to say that green is not my favourite colour - developed a mental block - yellow did become the prominent colour.  However once I got started I found my mojo.

Once I saw the look on my friends face all the hard work was worth it, it matched perfectly with everything.

 Used the butterfly stencil with distress inks to decorate the box
Hope you can see the pic - Like to decorate the tissue paper to match 

Once I started using  the Mini Flutterby stencil and distress inks (scattered straw & peeled paint) everthing had to be done!!!

I added dimension on the card with Grand Nesties using different layers, moving the stencil around then inking.  On the 3rd layer I used some beautiful butterfly material onto pearl card distressed with scattered straw for a different effect.

Large flowers were made from a punch and the smaller ones I used a Marianne Die.  Lace, ribbon and flowers all coloured with scattered straw then a touch of twinkles added.

To finish off I just had to use this lovely wedding stamp from LOTV, coloured with promarkers and a little bit of Flowersoft . Phew!!!

Well I hope you enjoy looking at my cards as much as I enjoy making and giving them.

Would love to hear what you think about it or to share my creations with your friends.

Thanks for stopping by,
Take care
Maria
x

3 comments:

Thanks for stopping by and leaving lovely comments. They are all appreciated and help me to carry on creating and blogging.